This September, Chrissy Teigen announced publicly on her Instagram that she had undergone buccal fat reduction surgery, and showed off her beautiful results! Fully healed, she flaunted a sleek, contoured face stating, “I've really seen the results. And I like it. Yeah, I did it, what?” However, you may be left wondering-what exactly is buccal fat reduction? We’re here to break down the on-the-rise surgery treatment and help you figure out if you might be a candidate!
Chrissy Teigen's IG story post-op
What is Buccal Fat?
Everyone has two buccal fat pads inside of their cheeks. They are naturally occurring fat deposits that rest in the cheek hollows. However, these buccal fat pads vary in size from person to person, and may even be asymmetrical in one person. These pads help provide a youthful, soft appearance to the mid-face, but those with larger pads can feel that it contributes to a full, even chubby appearance. If you’re a big fan of BeautyFix MedSpa, you know that we’ve got a number of non-surgical options to give you the contoured cheeks you crave, like fillers, threads and Sculptra. Some may seek a more permanent, substantial solution-and that’s where BeautyFix Plastic Surgery comes in!
About The Procedure
The buccal fat reduction surgery is a relatively simple procedure. First, our surgeon will administer local anesthesia to the area. While you will be awake during the treatment, don’t be nervous! We’ll make sure you’re numb before we begin, and you’ll be able to communicate with your doctor in case of any discomfort. Then, the surgeon makes an incision on the inside of both cheeks, and works to extract the buccal fat pads. The surgeon will cut and remove the fat, then use a few simple dissolvable stitches to heal the wound (no visible scars here!) The recovery is simple-you may experience swelling and/or bruising for about a week, and full recovery will start after 3 weeks. You’ll notice results immediately, but after several months your cheeks will settle and you’ll be able to fully appreciate the sleekness!
To decide if you’re a good candidate for buccal fat reduction, there are a few factors to consider.
- You should be in good standing health
- You have a round, fuller face that you’re bothered by
- You don’t smoke
- You have realistic expectations for your treatment
Over time, the buccal fat pads in your face will begin to sink with age. It’s not recommended that someone with a narrow face receive this surgery, as later in life the lack of fat pads can create a gaunt appearance. We’ll consult with you prior to receiving this surgery to make sure that this treatment will benefit you now and for years to come.
Many of our BeautyFix Babes also pair this procedure with our ChinFix: Liposuction for the ultimate snatch. We’ll slim your cheeks, then gently suction out excess fat from underneath the chin revealing smooth contours and a defined jawline. These treatments can be performed on the same day, and the combined procedure takes about 2 hours. See results from this dual procedure below!
This treatment on average costs about $2,000, and monthly payment plans are as low as $89/month. BeautyFix MedSpa offers many different financing options and plans to fit all budgets. Our three financing partners include:
- CareCredit: With the CareCredit healthcare credit card you can finance the cosmetic surgery and other beauty procedures you've always dreamed of having, and get the look you want now with CareCredit's convenient monthly payments and special financing options. Click here to learn more and calculate estimated monthly payments.
- United Medical Credit: We work with United Medical Credit (UMC) who partner with multiple lenders and creditors to provide a variety of financing options for applicants with all types of credit for procedure amounts from $1,000 to $35,000. Click here to learn more and calculate estimated monthly payments.
- Alphaeon: With special financing options for any purchase over $250 with credit lines up to $25,000 and the ability to reuse your card again and again, you may find using an Alphaeon credit card is a better way to pay as well. You'll find a wide array of monthly payment options to finance the latest in surgical and non-surgical cosmetic procedures. Click here to learn more and calculate estimated monthly payments.
You can book your free consultation to learn if you might be a good candidate for CheekFix: Buccal Fat Reduction here. Schedule before December 31st and you’ll score big with our Extended Holiday Deals - you can save $500 on your surgery and get a $500 MedSpa credit to enhance your glow-up!
Please visit our website at www.beautyfixmedspa.com and Schedule Your Free Consult to get your holiday look in time.
Contact Us: (212) 366-4787
Facebook: BeautyFix MedSpa