PRP Hair Loss
Platelet Rich Plasma Hair Growth
If your hair is thinning and you would like to slow or even stop your hair loss then Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) may offer an amazingly effective answer.
How PRP works
The PRP serum is delivered into the scalp, stimulating follicles and improving the number of hairs per follicle, resulting in thicker, healthier hair. Unlike some treatments, such as certain drugs, there is no risk of side effects such as loss of libido.
Because PRP works on active follicles, it’s a preventative treatment intended to slow hair loss and thinness, so it’s best embarked upon when you first start to notice a problem. Please be aware that it is not a treatment for baldness. PRP can, however, help improve the results of hair transplants.
PRP has been used in hair restoration surgery since 2004 and its role is expanding as the benefits become better understood. It is extremely safe, since you are the donor there is no chance of rejection. The treatment can be used in combination mesotherapy and with Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT) as there is a synergistic effect.
What results can be achieved?
Most patients see a reduction in the shedding of hair in 4 weeks. Between 6 to 8 weeks you will start to see an improvement in your hair character. An increase in hair density should show between 4 to 6 months. Improvements include your hair becoming shinier, more vibrant and less brittle.
• Younger patients who have just started to experience hair loss will see the best results with a noticeable increase in hair density.
• Patients with moderate and advanced hair loss usually see a reduction or cessation, a smaller percentage see hair thickening.
Key facts about our hair loss treatment
• The treatment is for thinning hair and cannot restore lost hair.
• You will require an initial course of 3 treatments.
• Treatment success can be boosted with additional mesotherapy treatments and Low Level Laser Therapy home treatment.
• The treatment is progressive and results will show in several months.
• We use anesthetic creams to help patient comfort, but it is not painless.
• After treatment you will not be able to wash your hair until the next day and you might find it not appropriate to go back to work or social engagements during this period.
BEFORE AND AFTER
Check the results that some of our patients had with PRP Hair Loss and imagine how great you will look after you’ve experienced it yourself!
Disclaimer: These results may or may not be typical and your results may vary.